Monday, April 6, 2009

Here I go...

Well, I had quite the weekend! I went home to Salt Lake for the weekend to watch conference and see the fam and some friends. I was thinking about going to Ecuador in July to work at an orphanage for 10 weeks, so I thought I would take the weekend to pray about it and get an answer. Well, I got my answer and it just wasn't feeling like the thing to do. So then I was thinking about where I was going to work until I left for Hawaii in July. I was talking to Teona and Becca about it and they suggested that I just go to Hawaii now. It made sense so I thought I would pray about it. I did and the answer was immediate, YES! So around midnight Friday night I got online and looked up plane tickets. Before, the cheapest i could find for a one-way ticket was around $700. (yikes) Well, I looked and put in a random date that popped into my head (gee I wonder where that came from) and I found tickets for $200!! So I talked to my sister to see if it would be alright and bought my tickets. :)
Then yesterday, when I was at conference I started feeling like I made a huge mistake... started getting nervous and wondered what did I do?! So I said a little prayer and asked for a confirmation that I did the right thing. The very next talk was Elder Snow's talk on change. I don't know why I supposed to go now, but I do know that I am supposed to go! So... I leave for Hawaii April 27th.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! We are excited for you to come and sleep on our couch! Don't worry you'll have a bed before long.

    ReplyDelete