So we (Jimmy, Missy, Madeline and I) decided to go to the beach on Saturday, we went to our favorite, Waimea Bay, but it was super crowded, so we decided to go to Shark's cove. It's a really cool place that leaves a lot of little pools surrounded by rock when the tide is low. You find a lot of little kids playing in them and people snorkeling in it.. it usually didn't go past your waist in deepness. So we stopped there and decided to snorkel. We heard people talking about a shark and so Jimmy asked if I wanted to go snorkel over there and see if it was still there. So, of course I did! We snorkeled and I saw stick fish, coral, lots of other pretty colored fish, and these purple pokey sea enenamies that were everywhere. There were also some sea cucumbers. We snorkled over to the inlet that leads out to the big blue and there was the shark!
It was a reef shark, about 3 feet long. It was probably 5 feet from me when I saw it, and that was close enough for me. I stayed in the channel and tried not to get pushed back by the current. there were some really stupid guys who wanted to catch the shark so they were chasing it a little, so I backed up because I didn't want them to do something stupid and make it get mad. Then the shark must have swam past me back into the cove because all these people started swimming at me, which made me go backwards because of the current and it freaked me out because I didn't want to land on one of those pokey enenemies or get eaten by a shark! So as soon as I regained control of myself I swam over to a sandy part and stood up. There were some girls yelling "Where did it go?" and I heard Jimmy say, "it's right by you." so I stuck my head back in the water to see the shark right at my feet, less than a foot away!! It really freaked me out but it was AWESOME!! I always wanted to swim with a shark and now I can say that I have!!
No comments:
Post a Comment