Well, I have a confession. Growing up, I've never been a reader. It would take me anywhere from 3 months to eternity to finish a book. In fact, I'm sure there are books that I gave up on all together...that was until I was introduced to a very popular series of books. Yes, I was sucked in to Stephenie Meyer's vampire books!
I couldn't believe it when I first picked up Twilight... I read the nearly 600 page novel in one day! I couldn't put it down... I read and read until I was done, and I wanted more! So, as soon as I could get my hands on the next thrilling adventure of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, I did.
Then, as soon as that was done, I got my sweaty Palms on Eclipse. I read Eclipse in just 2 days!
Then, I had to wait... I waited for months for the 4th and final book to come out. Wondering what would happen to Bella, Edward and Jacob. Wondering how it would end... then finally, August 2nd came and I bought Breaking Dawn.
I started reading as soon as I could... I stayed up reading until nearly 3 in the morning when I finally told myself I had to put the book down and go to bed! I then picked it back up as soon as my eyes popped open the next day. I read as much as could while babysitting, and then stayed up to read it some more. Then Monday, my mom and I drove to St. George and I read the whole way there. I finished the 750 page novel Monday night. I was happy the way things ended and I closed the book. Only to realize the next morning that I had the urge to re read all of the books again! Am I doomed? Am I really addicted to books? What should I do???? I am grateful to Stephenie Meyer for getting me into reading. I actually really like it and I have a whole list of books I'm going to read, and I actually think I will get through them in no time. So there you have it. Who'd a thunk that I'd be reader?!




join goodreads silly sis. You can look at what other people have read and get ideas for what you want to read next. I think you should read the children of the promise series...they're really good.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way but you already know that! I am obsessed! I can't put them down. I think that I have Twilight memoried. I go through withdraws if I don't read them.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya, Nat! This series and Harry Potter made me realize that sometimes it's ok to read the book even if the are doing movies on them! I'm glad you've found your vice.
ReplyDelete