I've been thinking a lot about this. How can I, as a photographer fulfill the needs of the church. How can I inspire others? I've seen painters, sculptors and songwriters do it, but I didn't know how a photographer could inspire. Last week, I was talking to some friends about this and a girl in my class mentioned the Reflections of Christ exhibit. I had never heard of it, so after I got home I looked on the website www.reflectionsofchrist.org. I was truly touched by what Mark Mabry did!

He was truly inspired to do this exhibit, and I'm so thankful that he did! Through reading his blog, I found that he would be in Salt Lake over conference weekend. So, Sunday after the last session I went down to temple square so that I could get a close up look at his inspiring art. I really felt the spirit and could feel the love and hard work that went into each photograph. Afterwards I talked to Mark about his work and thanked him. He told me that he was going to be at BYU-Idaho with his exhibit the following day! I was so excited!! Then he said that if any of my photography professors would like him to come speak, he would be more than willing. So, I talked to Bro. Atkinson and we set it up. I gave Mark a call and he came and told us about the work he did, how he was inspired, and the changed he had to go through to be prepared to do such a sacred work. It was amazing!! I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to talk to him and see his work. I just hope that someday I will be able to inspire others through my art, as he has.
That's really cool, Nat! I can't wait to see what kind of work you come up with.
ReplyDelete