I hear all the time Be careful what you wish for, but I say be careful what you pray for! The scriptures say Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. And you would think after a lifetime of getting answers to prayers I would have learned by now, but I guess Heavenly Father has a way of getting you to ask for things that you need without you realizing it.
So, it's the beginning of a new semester, a new year. So I made a few goals. One of them was to grow spiritually. So I asked Heavenly Father to help me with that. So I guess I'm in for growing a lot spiritually because He called me as Relief Society President! I kind of knew it was coming last Sunday. I guess I just got that feeling, but I didn't want to believe it.
My first thoughts were WOW and are you sure? I feel a little inadequate to be a Relief Society President, but I guess there is something I need to learn, something big. I'm nervous and I just hope I can do a good job. I look at the relief society president from last semester and I am no where near as spiritual as she was, I guess I have a lot to learn.
Sorry for all the rambling. HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are so definitely relief society president material. You'll do great.
ReplyDeleteWow, Natalie! I can imagine how overwhelmed you must feel, but if it's any consolation, I think you'll do an excellent job. You are awesome and have a real love for people, and you do listen to the spirit...those are the key elements. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is where you are needed right now, you have so many gifts that you will be able to share with those sisters you will be looking after. I wish you the best blessings, you'll be great!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with all of the above. It is really amazing how much we grow in our callings, especially when we don't think we are good enough. You are amazing Nat, be yourself and the girls will love you!
ReplyDeleteFYI-We tagged you!!! :) check out our blog to see.
WOW-congrats on the new calling. You will do great!!
ReplyDelete