Sunday, March 29, 2009
No such thing as Luck
Today I drove from Salt Lake to Rexburg... no big deal, except when the weather isn't so great. Before I left I said my usual safety prayer and went on my way. Did great until the last 30 minutes of my drive when I hit some black ice and spun out of control. My car fish tailed across 3 lanes (luckily with no cars on either side of me) and then did a 360 and stopped facing the opposite direction and just short of the large ditch. I looked and there weren't any cars around until after I turned back around and pulled off the road. I sat there for a few minutes trying to calm myself and thanking Heavenly Father for watching out for me. I then proceeded to drive. About 10 minutes later I saw a police car on the side of the road with flares indicated that I should get in the left lane. I did this and hit some more black ice... my car spun out of control again fish tailing across the highway spinning around and stopping just in time for me not to land in a ditch. This time it took me a little longer to refocus and calm down. Let's just say that praying for safety before you hit the road is a good idea!! I'm so very very very grateful that my Heavenly Father is watching out for me and I'm glad I'm alive!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH my Nat! I am so thankful you are safe. Please be safe for the next 2 weeks. Then you will be safe here where you belong!! I can't wait until you are home for good!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing that you are okay! There truly are angels surrounding us, I'm glad you're unharmed!
ReplyDelete