Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Some Adventuring around Oahu

Today I woke up bright and early at the crack of 4:30 am and went with some of my friends to go adventure around Oahu on a photo extravaganza.
We drove out to the east side of the island and watched the sunrise and took pictures.....



It was oh so pretty!!


This is some birdie tracks in the sand...


Then we drove out to the Blowhole and took some pictures....




Emerson, Joey, and Keighley


Emerson found this hat that probably blew off of some lice infested head. Just kidding, well he really did find it, but I'm not so sure about the lice part....


The Blowhole

After that we went into Honolulu and went to eat at the Original Pancake House. We saw this sign outside of the elevator and it made me laugh...


Then we were off to the Pali Lookout. They had a sign warning about bees... I've never seen a bee warning sign before, but after being there I decided it should have read "Caution Mosquitoes that like to suck you dry of all of your blood, run for you life!!"



Emerson found these sunglasses, it was better than a yard sale kind of day, everything was free!


Don't ask..


The view from the Pali Lookout.



So, lately I've been really into old bridges, and when I find one that is covered in rust and moss, I get really excited. I don't know what it is, I just like em.



This is Keighley





More bridges!!


We then headed to the Valley of the Temples. There is a Buddhist temple there and it had some pretty cool stuff... and another bridge....


an old rusted and weathered chair... you gotta love it!!


They have this area with a bunch of bamboo and people write their names on it and sometimes profanities, but I managed to find one with my name on it, so I took a picture.


There is also a gong that people can gong at, and it is said that anyone who gongs it will have happiness and the blessings of Buddha. I gonged it twice, so double Buddha for me!



Emerson and Joey doing some sort of male gonging ritual...


Muah

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an amazing day! That sunrise was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete