Saturday, January 23, 2010

and that's what happens when a man is in charge

The Elders Quorum decided to host a beach BBQ activity.  So a whole bunch of us showed up at the beach ready for some fun. We had a ginormous beach mat that we layed out and everyone sat on it.  It was a little chilly so we mainly just sat on the beach and wathced all the crazy surfers.  Meanwhile, the Elders Quorum presidency was working on getting the BBQ down.
First problem: "We don't have any matches"
Second Problem: "We don't have a spatula"
Third Problem: "We aren't the Relief Society"

They assured us that everything was fine and the hotdog feast would be done shortly. I gazed over and them scratching their heads and thought that I had better go see if they needed help.

When I arrived, Chris was trying to pry open a giant can of chili with a screw driver. So, I asked where the can opener was and the reply was "we forgot one" So I took John's hammer and the screw driver and showed them how to open a can back woods style.  Then I asked about the hot dogs... they didn't have anything to turn them with, not even a fork, or anything to take them off of the grill... so I again used my back woods knowledge and showed them that a screwdriver works for more than just screwing things in.  I then asked how they were going to cook the giant Costco size can of chili. They said they were just going to put it on the grill and let the fire cook it. Needless to say we had cold chili on our hotdogs. I had a good long laugh. I love our Elders Quorum!

Here are some pictures of the blessed event:


















No comments:

Post a Comment