Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Goodbye my friend...

So, I have this set of scriptures. I have had these scriptures for years. I used them in seminary, institute and on my mission, and the 3 1/2 years since I've been home from my mission. They have the old maps in them, you know, the green ones that were in scriptures forever ago.  I have used and used and used these scriptures. I've been meaning to buy a new set for a long time now, but I've had this particular set for so long that it's hard for me to just exchange them for some new ones.  But, about a month ago, I finally broke down and ordered some new ones. I'm running out of writing space in my old ones, and they are falling apart. It's sad, I know I may sound pathetic, but these scriptures are like my spiritual journal. I've written so many things in there and I will probably continue to use them until I get the new ones broken in. I always say that in the event of a fire if there was 1 thing that I would save, it would be these scriptures. And now I must move on to some new ones.  :(



 
 the old ones


 
the new ones

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I am about to that point too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, I still use the ones I got on my baptism, I'm not even close to ready to let them go. Your new ones look so nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete