Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Well, that was unexpected

Well, many of you know how much I LOVE it here in Hawaii. I have a great job,  I love my friends, I love living with Missy and Madeline, and I love my branch. It's just a really great place for me and I was starting to think that I could stay here forever.
Then, about 2 weeks ago, when the new year started to creep up on me, I started to think about the future. I thought to myself, "Self, Jimmy will be coming back in August, what will you do then?" So I started to think about it and figured I would have a lot of time to think about it until one day I started to realize that  I should find out if this is where I am suppose to be.
So I began to pray. I prayed about staying, the answer was NO
I prayed about staying until Jimmy got home, the answer was NO
I prayed about staying until June when the school year ended and I could finish up with my client and, you guessed it! the answer was NO
So I prayed about going home after Missy's baby was born and DING DING DING, the answer was YES!
I didn't get this answer until I was sitting in my car at the airport at 11:30 pm, waiting for Teisha to arrive. And when it came I knew that was what I was suppose to do. And then I just kept asking, are you sure? I love it here... that's so soon, can't I stay longer?? Well, to cut to the chase, I'm coming home.
I'm on the lookout for jobs and an apartment and a coat. Oh I will miss living in Paradise. But I know Heavenly Father needs me in Utah now, so UTAH HERE I COME!

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! You're coming here! Wowie. For a job you can be my maid, And I have a coat you can borrow, I also can keep an eye out for an apartment...maybe you could live in my closet... maybe?

    Sad you're leaving Hawaii though. I WOULD BE UPSET if I were leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS unexpected. But good job for listening to the spirit. If I hear of anything in the Salt Lake area, I will let you know. I know it will work out because it's the right choice, but I hope it's still okay to say GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Isn't it crazy when things like this creep up on you. I might me moving to SLC this fall. Maybe we could get an apt together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie! Hey I found your blogs and expecially love your photography ones : ) I am actually saving up for a canon dslr right now. So your pictures inspire me.
    Just thought I would say hi! Also I forgot to tell you that over Christmas break Trevor and I saw Cassie Power in Independence, Mo as a cute little sister missionary!(my family lives 20 min. from there) She told us to let you and Krystal know that she is doing great and says hi!

    ReplyDelete