Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Anything else?...

Well, we've been having a few problems here in our creaky old apartment... It started with a leaky faucet, that we've been trying to get fixed now for 9 months. We just got new managers and they are working hard to pick up the slack of the old managers...but my roommate, Holly decided to see if she could fix it herself. So she turned the water off under the sink... and it started to leak. So she turned it back on and the water didn't come out of the faucet.... but it kept leaking under the sink. So we put a bucket under there and changed it every once in a while. The next day, Holly was cleaning and flushed the toilet and it overflowed... that same day, the managers came over to look at our sink and they twisted the knobs and the leak got worse. They couldn't fix it right then because the hardware store was closed, so they just said to keep changing the bucket. Well, when I woke up this morning, I noticed the carpet by the sink was soaked... so I opened up the cabinet and the bucket had overflowed and everything under the sink was wet and it was pouring out onto the carpet. So I used all the towels I had and mopped up the water. We told the managers how bad it got, and they came and fixed it... well, we came home and the leak under the sink was all fixed! But... the leaking faucet is still leaky. So we're back to where we started! ha ha

2 comments:

  1. must be the week for it. I had my maintenance man come to fix the bathroom drains and it turned out that he had to replace a bunch of pipes in the wall for the bathtub. but to get to it he had to rip apart our kitchen and cut a hole the wall. the joys of old apartments and rusty pipes! :)

    ReplyDelete