Sunday, May 2, 2010

Leaving on a Jet plane

(I love this picture of Lou Lou and I...)

The day finally came and I had to leave beautiful, warm Hawaii. Missy, Jimmy, Madeline and Lucas dropped me off and I had to say goodbye. I sure love them!

(Me and Madeline)

(Missy, Mom, Madeline and Me)


I checked in and my branch met me there to say goodbye once more. I got lots of leis. Mike gave me a ghetto lei and I loved it! It was a piece of yard with 3 bags of candy tied to it... one of them being dark chocolate, which is my favorite. (Thanks Mike!)


(Me and Mike and the Ghetto Lei)


The whole gang was there. We talked, hugged, took pictures....


(Micki, Nikki, Rachel, Osiris, Me, Emi, Shaye, Celeste, Teishsa)


(Bro. Roswell, MIke, Kana, Bryan, John, President Watanabe, Me, Johnathan, David, Ikaika, Isaiah, Gavin)


When it was time to say goodbye, as a Waipahu 4th branch tradition, we sang Aloha Oie. Here are the words to the song:

Ha`aheo ka ua i nâ pali
Ke nihi a`ela i ka nahele
E hahai (uhai) ana paha i ka liko
Pua `âhihi lehua o uka

Hui:
Aloha `oe, aloha `oe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo
One fond embrace,
A ho`i a`e au
Until we meet again

`O ka hali`a aloha i hiki mai
Ke hone a`e nei i
Ku`u manawa
`O `oe nô ka`u ipo aloha
A loko e hana nei

Maopopo ku`u `ike i ka nani
Nâ pua rose o Maunawili
I laila hia`ia nâ manu
Miki`ala i ka nani o ka lipo


My time in Hawaii was amazing! I met so many wonderful people and experienced so many wonderful things! I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to take part of the spirit of Aloha.  I miss you all so very muchly and I will visit again soon!


1 comment:

  1. I can tell that you had a lot of good friends. Good byes are always so hard, I hope you get to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete