Wednesday, August 20, 2014

23 Weeks

How many weeks: 23
How big is baby: 11.5 inches & 1 pound
Weight gain: 18 pounds
Sleep: I've found that I can sleep if I surround myself in pillows. I need 2 for my head, 1 for my belly, one for my back, one for between my legs and 2 to prop my feet up on.
Best moment this week: Nathan is continuing to feel baby kicks. It's fun and I think it helps make it more real for him.
Food: Fruit.
What I'm looking forward to: Cooler weather. Bring on the Fall!
The Ugly: Swelling! My feet have begun to swell. I got a bit worried about it because it seemed early to me, so my doc had me come in. They did some testing and check my blood pressure. The doc says everything looks normal I'm just swelling 10 weeks ahead of schedule! Yay for me! He wrote me a prescription for compression socks.
Other: I know gaining weight is a normal part of pregnancy but it is really hard for me! I hate that for me to loose weight it takes a TON of work but those pounds just pack on like it's nothing. It was hard for me to step on the scale at the doctor's office today. I haven't seen the scale say that number since high school and I never wanted to see that number again! I just don't get why I am so large. I don't "eat for two" like people may think, I eat normal and try to eat fruits and veggies and my main drink is water. I guess I will never really have it easy in the weight department. I was going to post a photo of me, because I haven't yet, but I found this one more fitting of how I am feeling - maybe I'll post one next week:




No comments:

Post a Comment