How many weeks: 28
How big is baby: 14.8 inches & about 2.2 pounds
Weight gain: close to 25
Sleep: It goes something like this: wake up every hour to turn over to the other side until my hips hurt so bad I can't sleep on either one of them so around 3 am I go to the couch so that I can prop my self up and sleep sitting up, but then I don't sleep because baby is hosting a disco party inside my belly and won't stop moving (I actually really love this). Around 4:30 am I fall asleep only to wake up around 6 because I have to pee.
Best moment this week: Nathan sat down and put his hand on my belly and baby kicked/elbowed him for a good 15 minutes. I love when he does this because I feel like it helps Nathan really feel how real it is.
Food: Salad!!
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery all put together. It's going to be superhero themed. I am currently working on a quilt for him that is going to be really cute!!
The Ugly: I found out this week that I have gestational diabetes. Luckily I can control it with diet goodbye all you yummy carbs!! I also have to test my blood several times a day. I hate getting my finger pricked!!
Other: We registered for baby stuff this week. I wasn't going to, but people kept asking me so we finally did. As we walked through Buy Buy Baby, I was a little overwhelmed with all the things that you could possibly need for a baby. I knew that basics from having nieces and nephews, but do you really need all that stuff they sell??
Funny Moments:
You know the saying, "Don't cry over spilt milk?" Well, I'm pretty sure that came from a pregnancy experience. I got home from a long day at work and was so pleased that my wonderful hubby did the dishes. I got out a glass and the milk, poured the milk and when I went to put the milk back in the fridge, the cup tipped over and spilled all over the clean dishes. I grabbed the bucket of dishes, went up stairs and cried while I washed them. I kept asking myself why I was crying and the only response I could give was, I really wanted that milk!
The other day I was soundly sleeping and I started to dream that I was talking to Nathan and then told him "hold on I've got to pee"... well, luckily I woke up when I felt myself starting to relax and ran to the bathroom, but I still thought it was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment